Case Manager for Homeless Veterans
Las Vegas, NV • 08/29/2007
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization dedicated to the successful reintegration of homeless veterans. The Initiative is currently hiring for the position of Case Manager at the Las Vegas location.
Please submit your resume AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 8/10/07, to be considered for an interview.
Please review below job description and qualifications. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Position: The Case Manager for United States Veterans Initiative is responsible for the coordination of clinical services delivered to the veterans in the Grant & Per Diem Programs @ U.S. VETS-Las Vegas. This position reports directly to the Department Coordinator.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn and maintain knowledge of community employment agencies and procedures, along with any modifications to those procedures.
- Provide direct supportive clinical case management services to homeless veterans.
- Screen veteran’s eligibility and appropriateness for the program and facilitate the intake process.
- Assist veterans identify education and training goals and develop plans to meet those goals.
- Assist veterans identify mainstream needs and facilitate the process with appropriate service providers to meet those needs.
- Maintain, record, and report a client’s progression through program phases.
- Assist clients to alleviate or reduce employment barriers.
- Perform interventions and crisis oriented counseling.
- Conduct individual and group counseling sessions.
- Facilitate cognitive, sobriety support and 12 step groups.
- Perform random urine testing.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or other Social Science field preferred. Relevant employment experience may substitute for degree requirements.
• Experience in program management, staff supervision, program development, clinical intervention and case management.
• Experience working with homeless veterans preferred.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of residents, staff and community members.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
Posted by: OhSoHandy User
Located: Las Vegas, NV
(No map found for this address)